With the fair opening this Saturday, here’s a throwback picture to 1960 Silver Anniversary.
The San Mateo County Fair had a humble beginning. Originally called the ‘Little Flower Show’ in 1926, this community event was held in various schools around San Mateo County by the Burlingame Garden and Flower Club. Finally, in 1935, during a Fair revitalization period, the show was brought to its new home by the Bay Meadows Racetrack where it currently resides. While the name of the show has been changed from ‘Little Flower Show’ to ‘San Mateo County Products & Floral Fiesta’ to ‘San Mateo County Fair’, the land itself underwent renovation as well and now has 8 buildings used almost every weekend of the year by the San Mateo County Event Center. The Fair is happy to announce that this will be its 80th year at this location.
For more details, https://www.sanmateocountyfair.com/about-us/history