Happy Fry-day everyone! Here’s a yummy recipe for Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
“These fries are amazing!
Perfect for snacking / appetizers / a side dish”
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean (organic when possible)
- 2 Tbsp olive, canola or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried (or 2 tsp fresh) thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
- OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp sugar of choice (coconut + cane are best)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Leave the skin on and cut sweet potatoes into thin, even match sticks with a very sharp knife.
- Transfer to two baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle with seasonings, sugar and toss.
- Transfer fries to 1 large or 2 baking sheets and arrange in a single layer to ensure they crisp up.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip/stir to cook on the other side. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until brown and crispy. You’ll know they’re done when the edges are dark brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and either serve as is, or drizzle with a bit of maple syrup or honey to offset spiciness.
- Serve plain or with your favorite dip, such as whiskey bbq ketchup.
* via Minimalist Baker