It’s Fry-day again! Check out this recipe for delicious Baked Garlic Matchstick Fries!
- 3-4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried
- 1/4 cup Olive or Canola Oil
- Sea salt + black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Optional: 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into matchsticks by halving, halving once more, then cutting into wedges, then strips.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Add fries plus a generous drizzle of oil and sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Arrange fries a single layer making sure they aren’t touching too much. This will help them crisp up and cook evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, tossing/flipping at least once to ensure even baking.
- In the last 10 minutes of cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and the minced garlic. Saute, stirring frequently, until just slightly brown to wake up the flavor.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the fries are finished, remove from oven, sprinkle again with sea salt, and spoon the warm garlic on top. Toss to coat and serve immediately as is or with ketchup.
- You can also add more flavor by tossing the fries once more with the rosemary.
* via Minimalist Baker